This year we’ve enabled automatic renewals for our general collections to help people avoid fines when they forget to renew the things they’ve borrowed from us. Additionally, it’ll help us get our items back for RFID tagging, and mean we can better maintain our collection.
This means we’ll be automatically extending your loans up to four times (48 weeks) – You don’t need to do this yourself any more. We’ll renew for you if:
- your fines are under $30
- they’re from our general collection
- your account hasn’t expired
- no-one else has requested the item you’ve borrowed from us.
The only things we won’t automatically renew for you are:
- If we’ve borrowed it from BONUS+ or it’s through Document Delivery
- 2 hour collection (as this is a high demand collection)
- Items that have already been renewed four times or more.
If you’d still like to keep it after a year or four renewals (whichever comes sooner), they’ll need to come back before you can re-borrow them. If you have extenuating circumstances, please reply to the last email notice you got from the Library so we can work with you.
We’ll let you know when it’s time to bring the items back by email, no need to renew anything manually anymore!