LIBR1000 is an online course available through Canvas aimed to equip first year students with the essential information literacy skills needed to excel during their time at uni. The course has been developed specifically for Arts and Social Sciences students however, it will benefit all first year students, specially those with information & digital literacy course requirements.
83% of students responding to the semester 1 course survey, said LIBR1000 would be useful for their future studies. Here are some of the specific things students appreciated about the course:
- “Its structured nature, and the ability to complete it online in my own time.”
- “Learning about the Library Search tools and system”
- “I found the module on breaking down the assignment question helpful and search criteria”
- “Understanding the distinctions of each skill (eg. primary and secondary sources). Very good to refresh the memory.”
- “The information regarding referencing and clearing the blurred lines of paraphrasing and summarising.”
Coordinators can enrol their unit by contacting Rosemary O’Donnell: email@example.com