Recent visitors to the Law Library might have noticed some construction taking place in the last couple of months. All of this was to create a new space just for you: the Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library Learning Commons. We are happy to announce that this area is opening on Tuesday 13 April!
This space is a great place to collaborate and relax. There are:
- Three group meeting rooms
- A range of comfortable seats – both modern and vintage-style
- High tables with in-built power points and USB points to charge your laptop, tablet or phone
- Wi-fi throughout the space
- A water bottle refill station – so you can keep refreshed while you study
- Hot and cold Zip taps
- Four microwaves, so you can reheat your meals … once we are able to allow hot food in the library again (after COVID restrictions lift)
- A new waste management system – including separate recycling, general waste and organics waste bins
Law Library Learning Commons – in pictures
Next time you’re on campus, come and check out the new Law Library Learning Commons in person. You’ll find it on the lowest level of the Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library, under the Law Building.