Thank you for completing our online survey.
The Library is in the process of redeveloping our collections framework. This is a set of guidelines to inform a wide range of decisions about how we manage our collections. It will cover questions such as how we:
- increase the diversity of resources in our collections
- represent global ideas and new ways of thinking
- choose what types of materials to purchase (for example, journals, books, films, music, theses, rare books, subject databases)
- choose what formats to invest in (print or electronic)
- assess and decide what resources to retain in our collections
- enable our clients to access our resources
- order textbooks for a course
- accept donations
- collect non-traditional research outputs
- respond to suggestions for our collections.
The framework will also guide the way we communicate our decision-making criteria and other information about our collections to the public.
We have been seeking feedback from everyone who uses the Library – staff, students, alumni and community borrowers – to ensure the new collections framework is clear, accessible and adapts to your research and learning needs.
One way we sought your feedback was through a user survey. The results from this will directly influence our framework. We want it to reflect the real needs and preferences of our clients, not just now but well into the future. How can we better serve you in the next few years? What about those who come after you? What should the University of Sydney Library look like in 2030 or 2040?
The survey closed on Saturday 7 November. Thank you to everybody who submitted their feedback.