In January 2017 the Library started to implement eReserve, a system to enhance student discovery of unit of study readings and make the process easier and more efficient for academics and library staff.
eReserve will make it easier for students to find and access their readings.
What we think you will love about the new system?
- Simple and user friendly interface
- Seamless access to readings located in one place embedded within Blackboard, no more having to check another system
- Can see comments from your lecturer about specific readings
- Readings are grouped into weeks that align with your lecture pattern
For Faculty staff
- Faster processing – more control for academic staff enabling short notice additions to your lists
- More transparency – you can see at all times the status of the reading lists (e.g. active, being processed, pending, need review)
- Lecturers can see the number of times an item is viewed by students
- Academics can get fast support from Library staff via the Help link
- A system for tracking and controlling copyright and enhanced copyright reporting
- Readings are located within Blackboard (soon to be Canvas)
- Various format reading resources can be uploaded (e.g. web links; AV/DVD, PDF)
Successful pilot projects
So far we successfully tested the system for the Sydney Law School, Psychology, Public Health and SLAM during Summer School and Semester 1. The response has been positive from both academics and students.
The Semester 2, 2017 phase will include the Sydney Nursing School and Faculty of Health Sciences and selected units of study from the University of Sydney Business School. Faculties and Schools not part of the Semester 2, 2017 phase will be transitioned to the new system Semester 1, 2018. The Library will be in contact with faculty staff before reading lists are transitioned into the new system.
For more information about the system please email: firstname.lastname@example.org