Do you need to analyse large volumes of text in your research? Would you like your class to learn about text and data mining research methods? The Library can assist with our new text and data mining support service.
Text mining is the process of applying computational methods to large scale text datasets to discover new insights that may not be revealed through reading and analysis at a human scale. This approach can open-up new areas of scholarly enquiry, enhance your research practise or provide your students with new research methods.
The Library is currently trialling a text and data mining support service for Higher Degree Research Students and Academic Staff.
Some of the support services include:
- Access to online information & subscribed tools
- Advice on resources for text and data mining
- Consultation on text and data mining concepts
- Consultation for forming a search strategy for corpora creation
- Delivery of lectures and hands on training sessions for undergraduate classes
- Negotiation for expansion of Library subscribed collections & digitised cultural collections for mining